2. And she didn’t take coming out of the closet lightly:
“I wanted to wait for the right time and wait to have enough years under my belt where people knew that it wasn’t a phase or anything and I wasn’t doing it for attention.”
and if god didn’t want me loving both men AND women
then he shouldn’t have made them both so god damn beautiful.
goodnight everybody!!— Evan Rachel Wood
7. One time she saw Katherine Moennig (Shane from The L Word) at a farmer’s market and tweaked out, as any other lady-loving person would:
Haha. I would have slurred my words. Next time.
But yea, you are amazing.
Helped me realize who i am. Big fan ;) @katemoennig— Evan Rachel Wood
9. In fact, she will gladly explain bisexuality to anyone who is confused:
“I don’t get offended by [questions about bisexuality]. I look at it as an opportunity to educate people. A lot of times they just really don’t know a lot about it or haven’t talked to someone who is bisexual and actually get some insight into those issues. So I don’t get angry or try to fight hate with hate; I just try to educate. There are many misconceptions about bisexuality. The one thing I run into more than anything is that bisexuality isn’t real or that you’re just going through a phase or you really are just gay, you just don’t want to say it. It’s extremely hard growing up — I didn’t know bisexuality was an option growing up, because I knew I was attracted to women, but I was still attracted to men and that sent me spiraling into all kinds of — [laughs] I had no idea what I was!”
11. After she and Jamie Bell tied the knot, the 25-year-old actress took to Twitter to answer a fan’s question about her sexual orientation:
No. It just means i am not single anymore ;) @Basilme— Evan Rachel Wood
13. Bisexual Oscar winner Anna Paquin also got married to a man recently, and she said:
“I am a happily married woman and I married a man. I don’t think that negates [my bisexuality]. Some people find it odd that you can identify with a sexual orientation that is not straight and yet be married to someone of the opposite sex. They’re like, ‘Obviously it’s not real if you’re married to a dude’. That’s not my problem. I’m like, ‘Okay, if that’s how you feel, there’s nothing I can do about it.’ I’m just living my life.”
15. Damn straight.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏