Having conqured much of our planet already, Ellen DeGeneres has announced she is launching her very own lifestyle brand later this year.
Here is what you need to know:
1. The brand's name, E.D. – pronounced "Ed" – is actually a nickname Ellen's wife Portia De Rossi uses affectionately.
2. The initial collection will include home, fashion, and various pet items.
3. Just in time for the holidays, E.D. plans for a soft launch in late October/early November.
4. The full launch will take place in the spring of 2015.
5. For the project, DeGeneres is partnering with J. Christopher Burch of Burch Creative Capital.
Burch is the founder and CEO of Burch Creative Capital, a firm with offices in New York City and Shanghai. “People see who she is, what a wonderful person she is and how much she gives back. Everyone responds to her — you’re a man, you’re a woman, you’re a mom, you’re a working mom — she brings a happiness and a light and a true authenticity," Burch said of DeGeneres.
6. E.D. is gunning for Martha Stewart with competitive pricing.
"My goal is that people can have a beautiful house, a really comfortable house, without only being able to afford [very expensive] things," DeGeneres said.