Here is what you need to know:
2. The initial collection will include home, fashion, and various pet items.
The talk show host told WWD the line would include candles, mugs, decorative pillows, ornaments, pajamas and slippers. Distribution will take place through an online retail partner, undisclosed at this time.
4. The full launch will take place in the spring of 2015.
Although DeGeneres remains tight-lipped with details, this launch will include a broader home-and-garden range of products, women’s and men’s clothes, and other accessories.
5. For the project, DeGeneres is partnering with J. Christopher Burch of Burch Creative Capital.
Burch is the founder and CEO of Burch Creative Capital, a firm with offices in New York City and Shanghai. “People see who she is, what a wonderful person she is and how much she gives back. Everyone responds to her — you’re a man, you’re a woman, you’re a mom, you’re a working mom — she brings a happiness and a light and a true authenticity,” Burch said of DeGeneres.
8. You will be able to buy all the products online, possibly in pop-up stores.
E.D. will have its own site, carrying the entire product line in the spring. Currently there are no plans for “vertical brick-and-mortar stores” – though that detail is open to change.
9. For DeGeneres, failure is not an option.
“I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t want it to be the biggest brand name that you can imagine,” Degeneres stated in the interview. “They say we’re going to be on another planet soon, right?” DeGeneres mused. “I’m going to be the first brand on that planet.”