World champion boxer Manny Pacquiao came under fire this week after stating in an interview that LGBT people were "worse than animals."
The argument that being gay is "unnatural" is far from new, which is puzzling since the animal kingdom is actually teeming with same-sex action.
1. Penguins are famous for being the best same-sex parents around:
2. Bonobos, relatives of the more well-known chimpanzee, often get kinky with whomever they please:
3. Male bighorn sheep often prefer to be with other rams:
4. Female albatrosses are in it for the long haul:
5. Lady Japanese macaques like to get jiggy with other lady macaques:
6. Real swans probably inspired all that Black Swan movie drama:
7. The king of the jungle likes to rumble:
8. And dolphins don't always swim straight:
The more you know!
Sarah Karlan is the Deputy LGBT Editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meredith Talusan is an LGBT Staff Writer for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Meredith Talusan at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.