14. She introduced us to Billy Crystal:
She directed her first film Rabbit Test in 1978, which starred Billy Crystal in his film debut as the world’s first pregnant man.
17. She published several hit comedy books.
Her best-selling humor book, The Life and Hard Times of Heidi Abramowitz, was a mock memoir of her comedy character published in 1984. A television special based on the character was not successful with the public.
19. She received A Harvard Hasty Pudding Award for “Woman of The Year” in 1984.
The award is bestowed annually by the Hasty Pudding Theatricals society at Harvard University. It is given to performers deemed to have made a “lasting and impressive contribution to the world of entertainment.”
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀