3. The “Queer Azaadi March” ( Azaadi is Hindi for “freedom”) was held on Sunday.
5. Every year, participants gather at August Kranti Maidan…
6. … and march to Chaupati, a public beach.
7. Harish Iyer, a prominent activist, stated, “[Section 377] takes away my right to dignity, my right to privacy – it makes me feel like a criminal in my own country.”
12. Laxmi Narayan Tripathi, a transgender rights activist, spoke to the crowd.
Photographs provided by Artist At Work Productions were taken by Priyesha Nair, Megha Agarwal and Janhavi Asthana.