We could all learn something from Beth Ditto.
Beth Ditto has become the queen of punk-rock fashion, but she grew up with little money in rural Arkansas. She told Style.com, ” I couldn’t even really afford good secondhand stuff actually. So I wore a lot of jeans and T-shirts, I was really butch in high school. In Arkansas that was enough to get you beat up.” Beth is now a fashion icon for girls around the world with her fearless fashion choices. She doesn’t just influence fashion, she completely embodies it.
7. Even at your worst, look your best.
Disorderly conduct shouldn’t lead to disorderly eyeliner.
8. Don’t be afraid to play with color:
9. But don’t be afraid of classic black either:
10. Challenge what fashion says is right:
Ditto’s reaction to the fact she is “challenging the norm of pop culture”:
11. It’s all about the eyes and the lips.
12. Show off your legs.
Especially if you’re actually on the runway.
14. Mess around with patterns.
15. Unleash your inner rock star.
16. Take pointers from the legends.
Paying homage to Marilyn Monroe.
17. Be loud!
- The UK heads to the polls today, with a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.
- Turkey's democratically elected Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is stepping down amid rifts with President Erdogan.
- Alberta, Canada, has declared a provincial state of emergency over a massive fire near Fort McMurray. The area is under mandatory evacuation.