An online petition is calling for a Netflix reboot of the Showtime original series The L Word, which wrapped up its final season in 2009.
On one hand, there are quite a few reasons to bring back our favorite ladies – 17 reasons, to be exact.
1. There hasn't been a show since that even comes close to The L Word.
2. Even the actresses want it back.
3. The L Word provided experiences that many queer women could actually relate to.
4. There were everyday struggles we could completely understand.
5. The ladies bestowed upon us invaluable wisdom...
...and plenty of advice we didn't even know we needed.
6. If The L Word returned to our lives, so would the gift of Bette Porter's profanity-dropping rage:
7. We could once again count on Alice for important life lessons:
8. It would be as if Shane's face, and her poetic insights, never left us.
9. To be honest, Shane's face in general is reason enough to bring the show back.
10. Of course, we miss the hot stuff...
...and the HOT hot stuff.
11. Our lives feel empty without the constant drama.
12. We are lost without the informative vocabulary lessons.
13. We want more moments that make us laugh so hard our stomachs hurt...
...and then we laugh even more.
14. The characters became our closest friends, guiding us through breakups and unimaginable loss.
15. They also brought a serious amount of warm 'n' fuzzies to our hearts.
16. They became a part of our family.
But, those are also reasons why The L Word really shouldn't come back.
1. Do we actually want to know who killed Jenny?
2. We can never have Dana back.
Acceptance is the first step, people.