1. When Alex Salmond started replying to his own parody Twitter account.
3. When Labour announced a new vote-winning policy to give an owl to everyone in the country.
4. When Ed Balls turned up to a Christmas party dressed as Santa and clutching this penis-shaped balloon.
5. When floods hit the UK and so politicians posed as action heroes.
6. It went so well they decided to do it all over again on the side of the motorway.
7. When Alex Salmond went off script and spoke without the lectern, totally confusing Alistair Darling.
8. That time there was a protest against changes to porn laws and a woman sat on a man's face outside parliament.
9. When 77 people got Yes tattoos before the Scottish independence referendum.
12. When Russell Brand went on Newsnight and got really offended by a graph.
13. When David Cameron posted this picture trying to look like a statesman and the internet had other ideas.
15. When we discovered just how creative people are with their insults.
17. When George Osborne turned up to PMQs like this.
18. When this picture of Danny Alexander going for a walk appeared.
And it turned into a meme.
19. When Douglas Carswell defected to UKIP and the party's incumbent candidate for his constituency wasn't too pleased.
20. When some people in Sussex thought it would be a good idea to "detonate" an effigy of Alex Salmond.
21. When people started sending UKIP leaflets back to where they came from. Or using the Freepost address to get rid of their rubbish.
22. When a UKIP activist who thought Westminster cathedral was a mosque had a go at the BBC.
And inadvertently launched a meme.
23. When this tweet confused everyone.
25. When Lady O'Cathain discovered Google Maps. In 2014.
27. And finally, when Tony Blair published his Christmas card and it was awful.
Siraj Datoo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Siraj Datoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Waterson is a politics editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Jim Waterson at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.