4. Evidence? OK, let’s start with the fact that Natalie Portman has a Psychology degree from Harvard.
She was even a semi-finalist in the Intel Science Talent Search for her work on clean energy, way back in the 90s, when she was still at high school.
5. Emma Watson’s insistence on getting an education while starring in the Harry Potter films isn’t nerdy, it’s awesome.
7. James Franco isn’t only an actor and director. In 2006, he decided to reenroll at UCLA where he once took 62 credits in a semester (compared to the average 19).
Before you get snarky about his course credits not reflecting his ability, he graduated with a GPA of 3.5/4.0 and has since gone on to study at Columbia, Brooklyn College and is now studying at Yale.
8. You know who else is smart? Benedict Cumberbatch, that’s who.
He uttered these words in an interview as the Guest Director of the 2013 Cambridge Science Festival.
9. Edward Norton? He went to an Ivy League college and speaks Japanese.
12. Spend your time hanging out in bookstores just reading? You’re doing it right.
- Ex-London mayor Boris Johnson has dramatically ruled himself out of the race to be the next Conservative UK prime minister.
- The three suicide bombers behind Istanbul's airport attack were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan, Turkish officials say.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸