Suddenly, everyone in the media is talking about halal meat.
The issue of British citizens being sold halal meat - supposedly unawares - has made the front pages of both The Sun and the Daily Mail.
1. Right. So what are people so angry about?
2. What do Muslims think about the whole thing?
Most Muslims, however, don't really understand the anger surrounding the issue. Although they appreciate the sentiments around businesses offering halal meat – and this is because Muslims have responded well to the introduction of halal food in chains such as KFC – they didn't exactly raise huge petitions around trying to get your local Tesco's to sell halal meat. They were perfectly content with finding a halal butcher and buying meat from there or going to another restaurant that served halal meat.
3. OK, take a step back. What's the difference between halal meat and non-halal meat?
4. So the big issue is around stunning. Why's that?
5. And just how many animals don't get stunned before they are killed?
6. But people should be told quite clearly what they're eating, shouldn't they?
7. Does halal meat taste better?
Having only ever eaten halal meat, I can't say. I do have a few non-Muslim friends who prefer to buy halal meat. But that might just be because it's often cheaper.