1. "In My Best Friend's Wedding (1997), Jules (Julia Roberts) and Michael (Dermot Mulroney) should have ended up alone instead of Michael and Kimmy (Cameron Diaz) getting married. Kimmy deserved better and needed to run far away from them."
2. "At the end of Rounders (1998), it would have been more impactful if they showed Worm (Edward Norton) dead in the gutter as Mike (Matt Damon) takes a taxi to Las Vegas."
3. "In Silver Linings Playbook (2012), the movie ending should have followed the book ending. Instead of the big romantic gesture at the end, the couple is supposed to hold each other in the snow and realize all the ways they were there for each other."
4. "In Avengers: Endgame (2019), they shouldn't have killed off Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) at the end. He was finally happy, and they could have found another way to end his story, like retirement. Plus, Peter (Tom Holland) didn't deserve to lose another parent figure."
5. "In The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Bruce (Christian Bale) should have actually died. It would have been a more satisfying conclusion than having him survive and going off to be with Catwoman (Anne Hathaway), who he barely knew."
6. "In Soul (2020), Joe should have stayed dead, rather than coming back to life at the end. It would have made the message about enjoying every moment of life more poignant."
7. "In Pretty in Pink (1986), Andie (Molly Ringwald) should have ended up with Duckie (Jon Cryer). He was the only one who was there for her when she needed support. Blane (Andrew McCarthy) repeatedly chose his friends over Andie and was a flake."
8. "In Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019), Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) should have lived. It would have been better if he had to come to terms with the bad things he did and make amends with others. That would have been more interesting than him doing something good at the last minute and then dying."
9. "In Sierra Burgess Is a Loser (2018), Jamey (Noah Centineo) shouldn't have forgiven Sierra (Shannon Purser) and taken her to homecoming. Instead, Jamey should have told her that her catfishing betrayed his trust."
10. "In The Hunger Games (2012), Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) shouldn't have settled for Peeta (Josh Hutcherson). There was no chemistry, and it was as if she stayed with him just because he liked her. Instead, the movie should have ended with Katniss traveling through other districts and spending time with Gale (Liam Hemsworth)."
11. "In The Hunger Games (2012), Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) shouldn't have ended up with Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) or with Gale (Liam Hemsworth). Instead, she should have gone back to District 12 with Haymitch (Woody Harrelson) and happily lived the rest of her life without a man."
12. "In Wonder Woman (2017), they shouldn't have had the whole drawn-out showdown with the villain at the end. Instead, Diana (Gal Gadot) should have killed the World War I general and found out that Ares (David Thewlis) was not responsible for man's violence."
13. "In My Fair Lady (1964), Eliza (Audrey Hepburn) shouldn't have returned to Higgins (Rex Harrison). It ruins the whole movie. Instead, she should have left him for good and gone on to live an independent life as the fierce woman she is."
14. "In Ocean's 8 (2018), after Debbie (Sandra Bullock) visited Danny's (George Clooney) grave at the end, they should have had him make a cameo to reveal that he faked his death. It would have been a really cool way to tie the movie back to the Ocean's trilogy."
15. "At the end of the Harry Potter series, Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) should have ended up with Hermione (Emma Watson). There was so much chemistry between them and pairing her with Ron (Rupert Grint) felt forced."
16. "In A Quiet Place II (2020), it would have been better if the two groups reunited at the end. Maybe it would've been cheesy, but I think everyone in the audience was waiting for that reunion."
17. "In Breaking Dawn—Part 1 (2011), Bella (Kristen Stewart) should've died after giving birth instead of changing into a vampire. I would have loved to see how Edward (Robert Pattinson), Jacob (Taylor Lautner), and the others coped and how her death would have changed things."
18. "At the end of Twilight (2008), Bella (Kristen Stewart) should have changed into a vampire and faked her death, abandoning her relationship with Charlie (Billy Burke). It would have given Bella a lot more depth, and we wouldn't have had to see that horrid Reneesme plot later."
19. "In Mulan (1998), they shouldn't have had Li Shang come back to awkwardly woo Mulan at the end. Instead, he should have come back years later to ask her for help in an upcoming war, perfectly leading the audience into Mulan II."
20. "In My Sister's Keeper (2009), the movie should have followed the same ending as the book because it has way more impact. Anna (Abigail Breslin) should have died in a car crash after her court hearing, and her kidney would have kept Kate (Sofia Vassilieva) alive."
21. "In City of Angels (1998), they never should have killed off Maggie (Meg Ryan) at the end. The movie should have ended with her living and spending time with Seth (Nicolas Cage), rather than him surviving her."
22. "In Jungle Cruise (2021), Lily (Emily Blunt) should not have ended up with Frank (Dwayne Johnson). Their relationship felt forced and there was very little chemistry. Instead, Lily should have ended up with Trader Sam and they should have gone on to continue exploring the Amazon."
23. "In Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), there's a scene near the end where Llewyn (Oscar Isaac) passes the exit sign to the town where his ex and their son live. The film should have ended there, so that the audience never knows whether or not he decides to go meet his son. The existing ending didn't add much to the film."
24. And lastly, "In La La Land (2016), they should have just let Mia (Emma Stone) and Seb (Ryan Gosling) end up together instead of them breaking up and moving on. The audience was invested in their relationship for the whole movie and a happily ever after would have been satisfying."
Do you agree that these movies should have had different endings? Share your thoughts and other alternate movie endings in the comments below!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.