Content warning: This post contains mentions of abuse.
From spilling secret childhood family stories to making shocking claims about her superstar sister Britney, Jamie Lynn Spears had a lot to say in her controversial new memoir Things I Should Have Said.
2. Jamie Lynn said she was "deeply affected" by Britney's breakup with Justin Timberlake, who Jamie Lynn "adored."
3. Jamie Lynn alleged that her former Nickelodeon co-star Alexa Nikolas used to make up rumors about her on set.
4. Jamie Lynn said that over the years she saw Britney's behavior shift, describing it as "erratic," "paranoid," and "spiraling."
5. Jamie Lynn described a time when Britney took a knife, locked them both in a room, and said, "Baby, I'm scared" — a claim which Britney herself vehemently denied.
"Britney continued to act erratically, and all I wanted was her interest and approval. I wanted my sister back," she wrote.
6. Jamie Lynn said that when she told her family she was pregnant, she felt pressured to make the "issue" disappear.
10. Jamie Lynn said her ex-fiancé Casey Aldridge, Maddie's father, was absent from their home much of the time.
"His disinterest, lack of fatherly attention, and disregard for our needs was evident in most of his decisions," she claimed in the book. Jamie Lynn ended her relationship with Casey in 2009.
11. Jamie Lynn said at some point Britney asked her to be a trustee for her children, "in the event she would not be able to do so herself."
12. Jamie Lynn said she took no steps to be involved in Britney's conservatorship, although she was named the trustee of Britney's "SJB Revocable Trust" in 2018.
"I decided to remove myself from that role, citing that the developing issues could potentially create a conflict," Jamie wrote. "My role was to remain impartial and simply be a sister and aunt. I have never participated in the conservatorship as my sister’s personal representative or her financial conservator."
13. Jamie Lynn said she tried to give Britney the resources she needed to get out of her conservatorship.
16. Jamie Lynn said that during the pandemic Britney screamed at her in front of Jamie's children.
"She came at me screaming and getting up in my face while I was holding Ivey," she claimed. "Despite my best efforts, Britney continued on the attack, and Maddie had to get in between us to protect her little sister."
In response, Jamie Lynn said her mother told her not to upset Britney. "I couldn't believe she was asking me to put my feelings and those of my children aside to, once again, pacify my sister," she wrote.