17 Things The Over-Forties Believe About The Under-Thirties
It was all AskJeeves round here when we were your age.
1. That you're enjoying that unpaid internship.
2. That your social media skills will be used to displace us in a bloodless but implacable coup.
3. That your rooms contain no books, CDs or photos.
4. That you're entirely hairless below the neck, like a Tolkien elf.
5. That you're using Snapchat for, you know, that.
6. That you have no more idea who these people are...
7. Than we do of who these people are.
We believe this is a tragedy, for you.
8. That your beards are somehow mocking us.
9. That you know how to tie a bow tie.
10. That you find our dancing indistinguishable from our own dads’ dancing.
11. That you know how computers work.
12. That you love Sherlock.
13. That you get new phones more often than new shoes.
Which is kind of you, because how else would we get new tech tested while we spend two years deciding if we need it?