1. When this was the tallest thing in Paris.
2. When Liberty was in pieces.
3. When the Flatiron was still for rent.
4. When the automobile economy looked so different.
5. When NYC looked like this.
6. When roller skates were the hot new thing.
8. When it actually happened.
9. When Machu Picchu was first photographed.
10. When the Titanic set sail.
11. And then this story broke.
13. When these guys unveiled their first motorbike.
14. When Gaudi’s masterpiece was surrounded by goats.
15. When the first selfie was snapped.
16. When swimsuit length was carefully controlled.
17. When King Tut still lay sleeping.
19. When this new vantage point opened.
20. When people queued for Capone’s coffee.
21. When woman were thirsty.
22. When Lake Mead wasn’t a lake yet.
23. When the Golden Gate looked like this.
24. When the Hindenburg exploded.
25. When playtime was reduced to this.
26. When people sold their babies.
28. When the Hollywood sign still looked like this.
29. When The Grinch was born.
30. When MLK was arrested.
32. When airline meals were extravaganzas.
33. When remote controls were cutting-edge.
34. When Nov. 22, 1963, was still a happy day.
35. When Brandon started kung fu fighting.
36. When we saw how alone we are.
38. When a few people got together to party.
39. When the Beatles crossed the road.
40. When the Jacksons were a happy family.
41. When Big Macs cost 65 cents.
42. When John turned around and said, “Oh, hello Paul” for the last time.
43. When Steven met Bruce.
44. When the president showed how it’s done.
46. When the Brat Pack was young.
47. When they kissed in Dirty Dancing.
48. When Jay Z went on vacation.
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that abortion provider restrictions in Texas are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸