1. Crown Casino and Channel Ten tycoon James Packer has had a sensational punch-up with his former best man, Channel Nine CEO David Gyngell.
3. Casino and media mogul Packer (pictured here with former wife Erica) is Australia’s second richest man, worth $6.4 Billion.
4. Packer owns television network Ten, his sparring partner Gyngell owns rival Nine.
5. A set of explosive pictures show Packer in a vicious punch-up with his friend of 35 years.
6. No love was lost.
7. This is NOT one of those pictures.
8. Predictably, social media has been having a field day.
9. Mainly with a sumo wrestler theme.
11. Though not entirely…
22. The images were taken outside Packer’s multimillion-dollar Bondi Beach home on Sunday afternoon, and show the pair trading blows.
“The pair eventually fell to the ground and continued wrestling,” reported the Sydney Morning Herald, “before being forcibly separated by people who appeared to be Packer’s bodyguards.”
“Gyngell was waiting outside Packer’s house early on Sunday afternoon, sitting on the boot of his car for about 20 minutes as the casino mogul was chauffeured home after arriving aboard his private jet at Sydney Airport.”
“Witnesses said no pleasantries were exchanged when Packer saw Gyngell, but rather a flurry of profanities broke out before the pair were embroiled in a physical exchange as passers-by looked on in shock.”