3. Because we are not scared of men hurting us when we walk outside alone at night.
We are afraid of rapists, burglars, and murderers hurting us.
6. Because women should not be portrayed as victims of society
We cannot empower women while simultaneously victimizing them. Unfortunately, the term “feminism” has a negative connotation. Women who identify as feminists are often seen as “playing the victim” when in fact they just want to be heard.
8. Because every child should grow up a feminist without ever hearing the word “feminism”.
Too often young children get the message that being a girl is a reason not to be able to do something. Children should grow up in an environment where their value is defined by their kindness, not by their gender.
9. Because we don’t need feminism to make us feel comfortable with our gender, sexuality, or the partners we chose to surround ourselves with.
- At least 36 people have died in the Friday night fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause for the fire.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏