1. Formal authority
2. Control of scarce resources
3. Use of organizational structure, rules, and regulations
4. Control of decision processes
5. Control of knowledge and information
6. Control of boundaries
7. Ability to cope with uncertainty
8. Control of technology
9. Interpersonal alliances, networks, and control of "informal organization"
10. Control of counterorganizations
11. Symbolism and the management of meaning
12. Gender and the management of gender relationships
All of this information can be found in the book Images of Organization by Gareth Morgan.
Morgan, Gareth. Images of Organization. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1997. Print.