1. Limit your showers to five minutes.
2. And turn off the water when washing your hair.
3. Fix leaks as soon as you see them.
4. Turn off the faucet when brushing teeth and shaving.
5. Install more efficient appliances!
6. Wash your car with a good old-fashioned bucket and sponge.
7. Place mulch around trees and plants.
8. And opt for drought-resistant trees and plants.
9. Cover swimming pools to prevent evaporation.
10. Water your lawn in the early morning or late evening.
11. Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways, patios, and sidewalks.
All images via ThinkStock