1. At tonight’s Oscars, Lady Gaga was widely tipped to win Best Original Song with Diane Warren for “Til It Happens to You.”
2. And then it seemed like a sure thing when she gave a powerhouse performance that brought people to tears.
3. But then… Jimmy Napes and Sam Smith ended up winning for “Writing’s on the Wall.”
18. Don’t listen to the haters — congratulations, Jimmy and Sam!
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏