17 Times Alexis Ohanian, Sr. Proved He Was The Greatest Husband
1. When he bought four billboards to welcome his wife, Serena Williams, back to tennis after she gave birth to their daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr.:
2. When he celebrated Serena's success at Wimbledon:
3. And when Serena didn't end up winning Wimbledon, but Alexis posted the most inspiring and beautiful message in celebration anyway:
Days after our baby girl was born, I kissed my wife goodbye before surgery and neither of us knew if she would be coming back.
We just wanted her to survive—10 months later, she's in the #Wimbledon final.
@serenawilliams will be holding a trophy again soon—she's got the greatest one waiting at home for her. Our family knows she'll win many more trophies, too.
She's just getting started. And I couldn't be more proud.
4. When he took Serena to Italy so she could nom on some Italian food:
5. When he posted this photo from their wedding along with a caption so beautiful, my heart actually soared:
The caption said:
@serenawilliams: You are the greatest of all time, not just in sport--I’m talking about as a mother and as a wife.
I am so excited to write so many more chapters of our fairy tale together.
And my whole life I didn’t even realize it, but I was waiting for this moment.
And everything that I have done, everything that I am so proud of in my career, and in my life, for the last 34 years, pales in comparison to what we’re doing today.
And I am so grateful, and I am so in love. 📸 @mistadubb @ericamelissa_
6. When he couldn't believe that Serena's pregnancy cravings were VEGETABLES:
7. When some women stopped him on the street to tell him how much they love Serena and he caught it all on camera to show her later:
I mean, just read his caption:
Usually I'm stopped on the street to get pitched a startup someone wants @initialized to invest in.
The last two weeks, they all just want me to pass along a message to my wife.
Cant say I hate it. #usopen
8. When he rented out an entire movie theatre so that their crew could watch Thor: Ragnarok (and when he admitted that Thor himself was Serena's "other man"):
9. When he joked that he wants to be played by The Rock in a movie version about his and Serena's love:
10. When he posted a selfie saying, "Love this town. Even in the rain. Just missing my girls."
11. When he pretended to hate Serena's taco pun but couldn't hide the fact that he actually loved it:
12. When he captioned this, "Perfect cover."
13. When he and Serena took Junior back to where they had their first date saying, "Brought a third wheel this time. We didn't mind":
14. When he was caught admiring his wife:
15. When he pretended to be "Lord Ohanian" while Serena got him picture-perfect for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding:
16. When he was so excited to see his girls again after three weeks:
After 3 long weeks of FaceTimes and phonecalls, I finally get to see these two again IRL. Can't wait.
Celebrate the GMOATs in your life every day. Especially today. I had a GMOAT of my own and Junior clearly does, too.