2. They were friends before Prince William reportedly saw Kate walk in a fashion show and he...was a fan.
3. The two ended up sharing an apartment with some friends during their second year and that's when the romance started brewing.
5. Prince William has the highest educational degree of any member of the British royal family.
6. Catherine received her own 24-hour royal security detail in 2006, which sparked rumors the couple was about to get engaged.
7. The press called Catherine "Waity Katie" since they dated so long without an engagement.
8. While Prince William attended Sandhurst Military Academy and started gaining more royal duties, Catherine had a number of jobs including Assistant Accessories Buyer for Jigsaw and working for her family's party supply company, Party Pieces.
9. The couple broke up in 2007. Prince Will reportedly dumped Catherine over the phone because he wasn't ready to get married, and Prince Charles didn't want his son to rush into marriage like he did with Princess Diana. Prince William and Catherine were back together a few months later.
10. Prince William proposed to Catherine in fall of 2010.
11. He proposed with Princess Diana's sapphire-and-diamond engagement ring, which Prince Harry actually received after her untimely death. The brothers had an agreement that whoever got engaged first would get the ring.
11. After their wedding on April 29, 2011, the couple officially became HRH, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
12. Catherine also holds the title Countess of Strathearn and Lady Carrickfergus.
13. On her wedding day, Catherine borrowed the Halo Scroll tiara by Cartier from the Queen's collection.
14. The couple lived in North Wales while Prince William was working with the Royal Air Force.
15. Catherine could be seen at the local Tesco supermarket shopping for groceries.
16. They then moved to Norfork, where they lived in Anmer Hall. It's now used as their country home.
17. Currently, the couple's main residence is the 22-room Apartment 1A at Kensington Palace in London.
18. The royal family announced Catherine was pregnant in December of 2012. She had been admitted to the hospital with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which causes severe morning sickness.
19. Kate suffered from it for her next two pregnancies as well.
20. Their Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge, was born on July 22, 2013 in the Lindo Wing at St Mary's.
21. Prince William was the first future King or Queen to be born in a hospital; he was born in the same one his brother and future children would be born in.
22. Catherine gave birth to their second child, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge, on May 2, 2015.
23. Princess Charlotte is the first female royal in British history to not be outranked by her male siblings. With a change in the constitution, the line of succession now gives preference to birth order rather than the gender of the royals.
24. Catherine gave birth to the couple's third child, Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge, on April 23, 2018.
25. All three of their children's names have historical significance.
26. George was most likely named after his great-great-grandfather Albert (who chose George VI as his reign name) and great-great-great-grandfather George V. Alexander is most likely a nod to Queen Elizabeth II whose middle name is Alexandra. And Louis is a common middle name among the royals (William has it). Louis was also the name of the Earl of Mountbatten, who was a father figure to Prince Philip and Prince Charles before he was murdered by the IRA in 1979.
27. Charlotte is a variation of Charles, the name of Prince William's father. It is also a name dating back in British royal history. Elizabeth is the name of Charlotte's great-grandmother (and is Catherine's middle name) while Diana is the name of her grandmother.
28. Louis' middle name Arthur is, of course, a famous royal name after King Arthur. His other middle name, Charles, is a nod to Prince Charles.