17 Rom-Com Men People Realized Weren't Romantic At All And Actually Total Trash
We were supposed to be rooting for these guys?!
1. Sam Coulson in Never Been Kissed, when he hit on Josie even though he thought she was A MINOR.
2. Blane McDonough in Pretty in Pink, when he didn't want his friends to know he was dating Andie because her family was poor.
3. Everett Stone in The Family Stone, when he let Meredith get bullied by his family.
4. Eric Messer in Life as We Know It, when he was a jerk to Holly for no reason.
5. Joe Fox in You've Got Mail, when he knew Kathleen was Shopgirl but continued to treat her badly.
6. Tom in 500 Days of Summer, when he wouldn't accept that Summer didn't want a relationship.
7. Danny Zuko in Grease, when he tried to force himself on Sandy.
8. Chris Brander in Just Friends, when he tried to pull the "friend zone" card over and over again.
9. Dex in Something Borrowed, when he constantly cheated on Darcy with Rachel, aka her best friend.
10. Noah Calhoun in The Notebook, when he manipulated Allie into going out with him, among many, MANY other things.
11. Nick Young in Crazy Rich Asians, when he lied by omission to Rachel about his wealth and status right up until she was about to meet his parents.
12. Michael O'Neal in My Best Friend's Wedding, when he convinced Kimmy to drop out of college so she could follow him around for his job.
13. Steve Edison in The Wedding Planner, when he pursued Mary even though he's already engaged, and she's the one planning his wedding.
14. Jake Perry in Sweet Home Alabama, when he refused to divorce Melanie out of pride.
15. Agent Eric Matthews in Miss Congeniality, when he chose to show interest in Gracie by being a total dick to her.
16. Aaron Samuels in Mean Girls, when he flip-flopped between Cady and Regina.
17. And finally, Zack Siler in She's All That, when he didn't tell Laney about the gross bet he made with his friends until he was exposed.
Submissions have been edited for length/clarity.