People Shared Their Best Tips For Making Out, And My Tongue Is Quaking
Please Suck Face Responsibly™.
So without further ado, here are moves people actually use to make sure sucking face is always successful:
1. "I like starting off gentle and slow, and then get to the heavy stuff. It feels kind of weird going right into it, and it's not a race. Just enjoy it."
2. "If you're kissing someone that has a tongue ring, do NOT grab onto the tongue ring with your teeth and pull on it. My ex used to do that all the time back when I still had my tongue pierced. It was not cute or sexy, it hurt."
3. "Don't go straight in with tongue and go at it like a washing machine! it's not enjoyable and led to my ex dribbling down me on more than one occasion."
4. "DON'T JUST BRUSH YOUR TEETH, ALSO BRUSH YOUR TONGUE!!! NOBODY EVER DOES THAT! END WHITE AND YELLOW TONGUES."
5. "For the love of all the fluffy bunnies in the world, don't put your entire mouth over mine. It's disgusting and feels like I'm being kissed by a slobbering baby. Lips are meant to interlock together. Also, DO ask questions. Someone might not like something you're doing but not want to hurt your feelings. There's always room to learn!"
6. "If you’re uncomfortable with something that the other person is doing, DON'T stay silent!"
7. "Don’t stick your tongue in my mouth and just hold it there. Gotta do something with it while it’s in there. No one wants to just suck on your tongue!"
8. "Don't just force your tongue into my mouth and then leave it there like unwanted salami. I don't enjoy a log of wet squishy flesh just hanging out in my mouth."
9. "If both parties are into it, I would say where you place your hands makes all the difference from a soft and sweet makeout to a heavy and passionate one. I'm not particularly saying you have to put your hands in certain places, but there's a subtle difference from cradling their head in your hands to pulling them closer by their waist. Where your hands go sets your intention and lets the other person know how you feel about them, and what you're wanting out of the session."
10. "There's a lot of non-verbal communication when making out. When your partner tries things, it lets you know what they like and/or what they think you like. Mirror it or reject it depending on your preferences."
11. "Don't be afraid to practice. I never liked tongue kissing, so I never did it. My current partner does, so he had to teach me. It was awkward at first, but the practice led to something we both enjoy."
12. "Lightly hold the back of my head while you’re kissing me. It makes me feel like you’re really into it and enjoying it."
13. "Don’t do one 'trick' over and over, even if your partner initially likes it. Like sucking a lip, for example. Anything beyond the basics can be overdone. Also, a moist mouth, soft, hydrated lips, and good breath always."
14. "An ex of mine used to sometimes hold me tight in an embrace, making me expect a deep passionate kiss, but then he would just kiss me very softly. The unexpected difference would have me seeing stars."
15. "Please do not put your entire tongue in my mouth, OR put your tongue in and out of my mouth like a lizard."
16. "Use your tongue to tease, bite your partner's lip, and change direction. Go slow and soft and get more aggressive, then back to slow and soft. Play with their hair, moan in their mouth, suck on their tongue."
17. "Create anticipation. Start slow, tease with your tongue. Also, number one is please get consent."
18. "I was told once to treat a kiss the same way you do a dance. When one person takes the lead, let them. Allow yourself (and your lips) to relax and read their cues to respond. The best kiss is one that is in tune and complementary to each other."
19. "We all know about that precious bottom lip, but the upper lip is often forgotten. A little nibble here and there on it is actually nice. For some extra fun, gently curl your tongue up under the other person’s upper lip like you’re taking a dainty lick of ice cream. Scoop and pull it back in. Or, scoop and suck. That’s a fun one, too."
20. "I’m not really sure how to say this but, maybe try to contain the spit factor?! I had an ex that was such a sloppy kisser, it was like making out with a grapefruit half."
21. And finally, "Just ask your partner what they like: lip biting, french kissing, gentle, whatever. Making sure both people voice their opinions about what they like and don’t like ensures that the makeout session is enjoyable for both people."
Submissions have been edited for length/clarity.