1. Men and women danced, using whatever they could for instruments.
2. Little kids did cute, little kid dances.
3. Egyptian newscasters, when they weren't busy pleading with people to get out and vote, danced to Sisi's unofficial campaign song.
4. Some showed off how serious they could shimmy.
5. Some took the dancing very seriously.
6. Some of the dancing even stopped street traffic.
7. People dressed up like the Egyptian flag to dance.
8. Or just floated around, wearing the Egyptian flag.
9. This lady really did her best to get the dance party started.
But even with all that dancing, officials said that voter turnout looked low. They've extended voting for a third day, and hopefully there will be more dancing. H/T CairoScene
Sheera Frenkel is a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed News based in San Francisco. She has reported from Israel, Egypt, Jordan and across the Middle East. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 4A53 A35C 06BE 5339 E9B6 D54E 73A6 0F6A E252 A50F
Contact Sheera Frenkel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.