22 Genius Running Hacks For When It's Cold AF Outside
Because windburn, chafing, and frostbite are really not ideal.
Running in the cold actually isn’t so bad...if you're prepared.
1. Dress like it's 15 degrees warmer than it actually is.
2. Just go ahead and accept that you're not going to be running your best times.
3. On windy days, avoid running through large open areas.
4. Do a quick warm-up indoors before you leave the house.
5. Layer strategically.
6. Get a couple cheap AF sweatshirts you can wear till you warm up and either toss away or stash to get on the way back.
7. Buy a great pair of cold-weather running tights.
8. Consider wearing windproof briefs.
9. Make sure your ears and fingers are covered.
11. If it's been snowing, plan to run along well-plowed and salted routes.
12. But if it's icy, opt for an indoor workout.
13. Change out of your sweaty clothes as soon as you're done exercising.
14. Make sure you're rehydrating, eating a small meal or snack, and taking a shower directly after cooling down.
15. Wear wool socks.
16. Protect your face by wearing a balaclava.
17. And apply Vaseline to exposed skin when the temps are way frigid.
18. Consider buying winterized running sneakers that are made with Gore-Tex.
19. Or try wearing trail running shoes.
20. Use Body Glide or nipple tape to avoid chafing.
21. Buy something like wireless ear warmers so you can keep your ears toasty and never have to deal with pesky earbuds again.
Having to constantly readjust your earphones while you're wearing gloves or when your hands are freezing is a complete pain in the ass, and can be avoided by purchasing something like these wireless ear warmers that will keep your ears from freezing and get rid of your earbud problem.