1. It smells like a temple in here.
2. But it's quieter without the loud chanting.
3. And the aunties gossiping.
4. They're playing Drake.
5. His lyrics mixed with the incense are surprisingly soothing.
6. I think I want to take a nap.
7. Yeah, I'mma nestle up by these intricately-decorated cushions.
8. They're $50??!!!!! WTF!
9. I swear to god I could buy the same thing in India for Rs. 100!
10. Which is, like, $2 Aussie!
11. This is sacrilege! How is no one else upset?!
12. Oh, everyone else here is white.
13. Not a bad thing. Just an observation.
14. But seriously this place looks like a real life Pinterest board for brown girls.
15. It's like I fit this store's aesthetic by default.
16. There's a boho-chic lady saying to her equally fashionable friend, "This place reminds me of India."
17. Um, no.
18. Honey, this store is waaaay too quiet and peaceful to remind anyone of India.
19. Also you can't haggle prices.
20. Seriously, back to this damn overpriced cushion! What else are they ripping off these lovely white folks for?
21. This kaftan, made of the flimsiest cloth costs $95.
which is (four carry the one...) about Rs. 4,450.
22. (I can't help but convert every price into rupees.)
23. These dreamcatchers are $40 (Rs. 1873.48).
24. This charm bracelet is–
25. Wait this charm bracelet is cute!
26. And it's only $12 which is nbd I guess...
27. Though tbh I could make it myself with some beads from Spotlight, and an old pendant.
28. Look it has an Om sign and that hand thing that was on the cover of my Sunday school scripture book.
29. (I really should have paid better attention at Bala Vihar.)
30. Wait. Should I be offended that the Om symbol has turned into a fashion statement?
31. Because I'm not even slightly.
32. You know, when Selena Gomez performed "Come and Get It" at the VMAs a few years back, all my non-Indian friends were super offended on my behalf.
33. Tbh we sometimes wear bindis, and get tattooed for shits and giggles, too.
34. Oh hey look, there's an auntie by the accessories stand. Where did you come from?
35. Diwali is around the corner so maybe she's collecting some last minute gifts.
36. Poor thing must be kicking herself in the head about all the money she's wasting!
37. There are legit two lightbulbs on in this shop, yet it's perfectly illuminated. HOWWWW???!!
38. Oh, because everything here is covered in little glass beads.
39. It feels like I'm walking into a kaleidoscope.
40. This is trippy! I like it!
41. Though it might be that the incense is really getting to my head.
42. OK let's step out for a sec. HOLD THE PHONE.
43. I can't smell it the moment I'm beyond the store's entrance. How do they contain all that incense in such a tiny-ass shop?!
44. It's gotta be some kind of magic.
45. Or ILLUMINATI.
46. More like VINDALOOMINATI.
47. OK I think this incense is starting to cling to my clothes.
48. And when I go home, my family is going to think I'm way more religious than I really am.
49. Which tbh might not be such a bad thing. Could use that as leverage...
50. But yeah I really should leave now.
51. Oh just one more sniff!
52. *deep inhale* Ahhhhhhh…
53. It's been fun, Tree of Life. Kthnxbai.