1. Everyone, say hello to Hoodie Allen a.k.a Steven Markowitz.
6. He is not about making money, Hoodie believes in his fans.
That’s why he gave you all the option to download 4 out of his 5 Albums/EP/Mixtapes for FREE. But, you can also buy it, so go buy it, because it is worth it.
He says: “Fans don’t have to do with labels, labels have to with hits.”
8. Hoodie is the Social Networking King. He doesn’t have a publicist. He is his publicist.
Everyday, Hoodie takes the time to personally reply to and communicate with his fans through either Twitter, Instagram, YouTube videos, or email. Occasionally, he will even contact a his fans and do personal video chats. He believes the key to connecting with his fans is to be an open book online, and to try to have as few barriers as possible.
11. Hoodie’s song “Cake Boy” really makes you want cake. (Who doesn’t like cake?)
But really, it’s a great song, with lots of hidden puns. It’s about his rise to fame and how he is now getting his cake served to him while others have to bake a cake if they want it. (Cake as in money/women. Or maybe Hoodie actually really likes cake.)
It’s also about how his haters suddenly become non-haters. Crazy how fame works, eh?
12. Two words: His. Concerts.
Hoodies initial concerts only had a few hundred people, now the number attendees are in the thousands. The venues are getting bigger and bigger, and ticket prices are going up. So I’m telling you now, jump on bored. JUMP.
How many other artists do you know that will throw cake at their audience with Ed Sheeran?
17. Overall, he is just a fun guy to listen to, watch and follow.
21. This mash-up cover of Walk the Moon’s Anna Sun and Hoodie’s Small Town might just send chills down your spine (the good kind of chills).
23. You’re welcome.
- Republicans presented Democrats on Tuesday with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏