1. Knowing the vegetarian version of everything at fast food restaurants because the only meat you can eat is Halal meat, A.K.A. “Muslim Kosher.”
2. When your friends of other faiths automatically assume you know Arabic.
3. Avoiding to read the ingredients on anything. Because if you don’t read it there is no gelatin.
4. Feeling a little bit awkward at airports even though you know you are totally innocent.
5. Knowing all of the secret quiet places in malls and/or public places.
6. The only people who actually use their compass app on their phones are hikers and you.
7. Seeing another fellow stranger Muslim and feeling obliged for you to acknowledge each other’s presence.
8. When friends of other faiths ask why a watering can/genie lamp is in your bathroom.
9. When you say you’ve never tasted bacon and your friends react like:
10. That moment you stop yourself from saying “InshAllah”, “MashAllah”, or “SubhanAllah” ...
11. Having to explain to your teachers/employer the difference between the two Eid’s and why it’s like getting to celebrate Christmas twice a year.
12. Having two wardrobes, and looking great in both:
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!