1. Because on July 1st, your student loan rates doubled from 3.4% to 6.8%.
2. 10 million students nationwide will lose $1,000 per year from the higher rates, and even more under the House GOP plan.
3. If you had that money, you could buy…
4. Student loan debt in America has reached $1 Trillion…
5. $85 Billion of which is past due.
6. The government profits off these student loans, while you suffer.
7. 60% of all students take on some student loan debt.
8. 41% of you with loans will be delinquent at some point, severely hurting your credit scores.
9. Student loans are the second-largest source of consumer debt in the United States after home mortgages.
10. Banks only pay ¾ of a percent, and you shouldn’t have to pay more than the banks!
11. And higher education costs are already too high!
So tell Congress, #DontDoubleMyRate!
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- WhatsApp will start sharing your account info with Facebook. You can decline the new policy, but must opt into it first 📲😵