Two weeks ago, I had no idea what “Welcome to Night Vale” was. Today, I’m okay with admitting I’m more than a bit addicted. Here are the 42 stages to complete and total Night Vale Addiction. Warning: Off-limit dog parks, beautiful hair, and possibly spoilers.
Enjoy, dear readers. Enjoy.
2. What’s Night Vale? Where did it come from?
5. But at this point, you still don’t know what the heck Night Vale is, besides weird and pretty.
But based on those two things, you’re feeling inclined to like it.
Dog park? Cecil? Floating cats? Evil librarians? Fake clocks? WHAT’S GOING ON?
15. Number 15 has been cancelled due to a scheduling error.
19. Men in tan jackets suddenly seem ominous.
Well, not this one.
Ahem, back to the list…
Wait, I’m sorry, did I write a number 25? I, I don’t actually remember…
And it’s gone from my drafts folder. Huh.
ALL HAIL THE BUZZFEED. ALLLL HHAAAIILLL.
28. You get to the point where someone mentions Night Vale and you just go…
Ahem, sorry readers, but Buzzfeed’s secret police force has politely asked me to announce the following:
Please disregard numbers 30 & 31. You start to see nothing.
33. You hear Carlos’s voice for the first time.
It’s like episode 59 of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
41. The 1st and 15th become your favorite days of the month.
42. And finally, you develop the need to get everyone around you as addicted to “Welcome to Night Vale” as you are.
Goodnight, dear Buzzfeed. Goodnight.
Thanks to all the amazing artists who gave permission for their work to be added to this list!
That’s all! Is it? Yes. Is it? YES.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦