1. Read a play.
The Shakespeare Folger Library just launched their FREE complete digital texts.
2. Go SEE a play.
3. Can't get to a stage? Check out a live broadcast at your local movie theater.
4. Or rent a digital recording.
5. Watch a film adaptation.
6. Appreciate how pervasive Shakespeare is in popular culture.
7. Use a Shakespearean insult on someone.
8. Find out what famous historical figures thought about Shakespeare.
9. Read a Sonnet.
10. Enjoy a parody.
11. Read one of his longer poems.
12. If you can, visit Shakespeare's Globe!
If you're in the States, and on the East Coast, head to the American Shakespeare Center!
West Coasters, check out the Oregon Shakespeare Festival!
13. Enjoy a Shakespearean webcomic.
14. Buy some Shakespeare gear.
15. For the truly dedicated, make a trip out to Stratford-Upon-Avon.
16. If you're a Doctor Who fan, watch The Shakespeare Code again.
17. Watch Shakespeare in Love.
18. Look up some classical Shakespearean 'fanart'.
19. Master the lingo.
20. Get into a fight over accuracy.
21. Use a lesser known (but no less awesome) quote.
22. ...Or just run around and dramatically shout...
23. Whatever else you do, don't forget to appreciate the awesomeness of Mr. William Shakespeare; playwright, poet, and all-around genius.
HAPPY 450TH BIRTHDAY!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!