36 Reasons Why Arizona Is The Best State
Arizona is home to some 6.5 million people. Even though the state often gets a bad rap because of our crazy Governor, Sheriff, and our hot summers, we still have one of the best states in the country!
1. Let's be honest, we have one of the coolest state flags
2. We are the "Grand Canyon State" after all...
3. Try finding better sunsets. I bet you can't.
4. People think we only have deserts... We have them, and they're gorgeous.
5. But we're not just deserts, we're also 12,000 foot snow-capped peaks.
6. In fact, you can be tanning in Phoenix...
7. And skiing in Flagstaff just a few hours later
8. Yes, it snows in Arizona...
9. A lot...
10. Oh yeah, sometimes even in those GORGEOUS deserts of ours
11. But enough about snow. We get sun, lots of it. So everyone has a pool.
12. So we pretty much have pool parties year round. With a lot of alcohol.
13. And countless world-renowned golf courses
14. Feel like drinking more? Float down the Salt River...
15. Or head to the lake for some boating and to work on your tan.
16. Just when you've had enough sun, in rolls a Haboob
17. Which is okay... Because you know what's coming. A monsoon!
18. If the monsoons haven't cooled you enough, head up to the White Mountains where it can be 40 degrees cooler
19. Or to Havasupai falls. Yes, that's its natural color. Take note, New Jersey.
20. Or explore the winding waters of Glen Canyon
21. Adrenaline junky? How about white water rafting down the mighty Colorado River
22. Check out ancient Native American cliff dwellings. History? Suck it, East Coast.
23. We have a forest made of stone... No, really!
The Petrified Forest National Park is filled with fossilized trees dating back 225 million years.