1. Have the tools to network with you at all times.
2. Set a goal for the number of people you’ll meet
3. Act like a host, not a guest
4. Listen and ask questions
5. Don’t try to close a deal
6. Give referrals whenever possible
7. Exchange contact information
8. Manage your time efficiently
9. Write notes in your padfolio
10. Follow up
11. For more tips, visit careers.scs.illinois.edu
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!