1. Sam Smith has won an Oscar for “Writing’s on the Wall”, the theme song for the film Spectre.
Smith (pictured) won the award with songwriter and record producer Jimmy Napes.
2. During his acceptance speech Smith made this point:
“I read an article a few months ago by Sir Ian McKellen, and he said that no openly gay man had ever won an Oscar, and if this is the case, even if it isn’t the case, I want to dedicate this to the LGBT community all around the world.”
He was referencing a Guardian interview with Ian McKellan, where the actor says making a reference to there not being an openly gay Best Actor.
5. And Dustin Lance Black has won an Oscar.
He won Original Screenplay for Milk in 2009.
6. Dustin Lance Black is of course the fiancé of Tom Daley, the Olympic diver, who is on the left here.
(Tom Daley wearing clothes is such an odd thing to see.)
7. And not long after this year’s Oscars ceremony had finished, Dustin Lance Black tweeted this.
A representative for Dustin Lance Black has been contacted for comment.
14. Update 3:45 p.m. GMT: DLB has tweeted this.
15. Update 6:40 p.m. GMT: Sam Smith has tweeted this in response to Dustin.
DLB also tweeted: “Dear Internet: @TomDaley1994 and @samsmithworld are pals. They text. Thus my surprise Sam took me for a closet case! Feel free to laugh.”