1. The ending of “The Final Problem” was pretty damn special, just because Sherlock said this to Lestrade.
This really is quite a big deal.
2. Sherlock never remembered Lestrade’s name in just about every single Sherlock episode.
3. He seriously has no idea what it is.
4. Not a clue.
5. Or Sherlock is not that nice to him.
6. Although sometimes he gets his revenge, like when he got a totally hungover Sherlock and Watson out of a police cell:
7. At a screening Q&A for “The Final Problem” at the BFI last Thursday, Sherlock creators Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss talked about Lestrade and Sherlock’s relationship.
Mark Gatiss: “It doesn’t matter to him and if he knows he doesn’t need to. But then as you see at the end, he does remember.”
Steven Moffat: “And he does like to play games with people a little bit and he keeps people at a distance… so when it really mattered, he remembers his name.”
8. Lestrade and Sherlock. The true Sherlock couple.
You heard me.