1. Why was TV back then the best? SM:TV Live OBVS.
Followed by CD:UK, which was Top of the Pops' hippy drunk uncle.
2. The Simpsons? They were on BBC 2.
6pm Mondays and Fridays. Apart from during Wimbledon when episodes were often delayed and then CANCELLED.
3. The Simpsons these days on C4? NOT AS GOOD.
Please stop showing newer episodes. Just repeat until Season 13 forever. Thanks.
4. What was better than classic episodes of The Simpsons? TWO BACK-TO-BACK EPISODES.
5. Of course, what was better than The Simpsons being on BBC2 at 6pm? Neighbours being on BBC1 at 5.35pm.
The moment it moved to Channel 5? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry.
Remember the Neighbours plane crash episode?
It was the most exciting episode of Neighbours ever, even though the plane somehow took twenty minutes crash and it seemed to have landed into what looked like an indoor swimming pool.
6. Plus Dr Karl Kennedy always seemed to have a lot of time on his hands even though he was a Doctor.
7. See back then BBC1 in the early evening was amazing. There was none of this Pointless lark.
8. Bringing it back to Friday nights, what show was directly after The Simpsons? Of course it was the most amazing...
9. The only show where you could watch a robot chicken being attacked by box armed with a knife.
10. If not, it was the Fresh Prince. Every single time you watch the opening titles you wonder why Will Smith...
11. And if Robot Wars and Fresh Prince weren't on...
BUFFY. BUFFY. BUFFY. BUFFY. BUFFY. BUFFY. BUFFY.
12. BBC 2, you were awesome. Now it's all...
13. But there was something better than that. BBC1 at 7.30pm on Fridays. Why? Because you got this brilliant delight...
No it wasn't Changing Rooms (RIP 1996-2004) or the BBC's Holiday (RIP 1969-2007).
14. No, wrong time silly. It was THIS visual delight.
Remember the time when Travis had a food fight?
Remember when they relaunched the whole show, with a new presenter, Blazing Squad dancing and "all new" in the title?
Not long after the show was bumped to BBC2 on Sundays and died a death. Oh well.
Friday night was your dream schedule.
15. And of course there was your weekend music fix, which consisted of Simon Amstell and Miquita Oliver bitching about everything.
16. If that didn't float your boat, why not watch a 400 hour Hollyoaks omnibus followed by people arguing half-naked on Shipwrecked.
The whole thing was sponsored by a car called Argo. You kept wondering... "who on earth could afford that expensive car?"
17. But was the best thing about TV when we were growing up compared to teenagers today? THIS.
18. Your favourite page? The UK Indices page.
19. This map? B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.
20. The Spice Girls launching Channel 5.
Sunday March 30th. 1997. It was the day you were born.