TMW it's morning time, but...
To alleviate all the stress that mornings without breakfast can bring you need to meal prep these grab and go breakfast muffins.
Just like that look what ya have on your way out the door:
Grab And Go Breakfast Muffins
Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
Servings 6 large muffins
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup green onion, chopped
1 ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Other equipment needed:
6 cup large muffin tin
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Grease a 6 cup large muffin tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together 1 egg, buttermilk, melted butter, and sour cream.
4. To the dry ingredients, fold in the wet ingredients, cooked bacon, green onion and 1 ¼ cup of the cheddar cheese until just incorporated.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cup of a prepared large muffin tin with one large scoop.
6. Using a spoon, create a well in each of the scoops, pressing the batter up against the side of the pan, making sure it is deep enough to hold an egg.
7. Crack an egg into each of the wells of batter.
8. Using two spoons, drop small scoops of batter, first around the outside of the egg, building up the outer edge of the muffin and sealing in the egg whites and yolk, and finally over the top to cover the yolk. Be careful not to apply too much pressure while dropping above the yolk or it may break.
9. Top each muffin with remaining ¼ cup of cheddar cheese.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes
11. Remove from oven and allow to set 5 minutes before removing from pan.
12. Best served warm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Enjoy!