You may have noticed there’s a presidential election campaign happening right now in the United States. And BuzzFeed’s Politics team has been obsessively covering it!
But we also know some of you don’t love politics. Or, you did until this month’s quadrennial outbreak of national insanity. Or, worse, you may live in a foreign country.
So for those who’d prefer their internet cute and cuddly, we’ve added a button to the header of our homepage which replaces Politics posts with cats. You can also download the Chrome extension which will do the same on Twitter.com and your Facebook newsfeed, developed by BuzzFeed creative director Chris Baker on the model of UnBaby.me (which he created with Pete Marquis and Yvonne Cheng).
See it in action…
3. Before Unpolitic Me!
4. After Unpolitic Me —- ahhhhhhh! Doesn’t that feel good?
5. And here’s what BuzzFeed editor-in-chief Ben Smith’s Twitter feed looks like, with the Unpolitic Me Chrome extension.
- Tens of thousands of people are gathered for the Women's March On Washington, and marches are being held worldwide in solidarity.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸