1. You always know which way is west.
2. You definitely know what it feels like to accidentally unlock someone else's Subaru Outback.
3. In Colorado, there's no such thing as "normal" weather.
4. And it sucks when you accidentally leave your car windows cracked.
5. You know the joy of getting up early to get in a few runs before school/work, assuming you're not too hungover.
6. And laughing at what the West Coast calls "snow."
7. You're always waiting for the moment your entire state erupts into wildfires every June through August.
9. Despite that, you make the annual pilgrimage to the fireworks outlets camped right on the other side of the Wyoming border every July.
10. Everyone knows that nothing stops CU students from celebrating at Norlin Quad every April 20th.
11. Even the governor gets it.
12. You know we all have to do whatever it takes to keep from being overrun by Californians. (Sorry, Californians.)
13. You know every band from Colorado, regardless of how few hits they had.
14. You've met an actual, real-life Cowbro.
15. You have go-to orders ar Noodles & Co., Tokyo Joe's, and Big City Burrito.
16. Or maybe Illegal Pete's, if you're into that sort of thing. No judgments.
17. And you've struggled with having too many beers to choose from.
It's a blessing and a curse.