1. You can hold a bottle and unscrew its lid simultaneously in one hand
2. When you hear the word “media” you think of this:
3. Not this...
4. You know how to make living things glow
5. You’ve used Kimwipes as tissues, paper towels, napkins, and just about everything in between
6. You think of temperature in degrees Celsius, not Fahrenheit
7. A good portion of your job is waiting for these to reach 0:00
8. You're not afraid of mice or rats
9. You've become non-responsive to the fire alarm
10. Coming into work at 9:00 is early
11. And leaving at 5:00 is late
12. These signs don't scare you
13. You know how cold -80º C is
14. You sometimes have to eat lunch in just a few minutes or skip it entirely because of the timing of your experiments
15. You have arbitrarily mixed chemicals before (or have at least considered doing so)
16. When measuring liquids while cooking, you check the meniscus to ensure accuracy
17. You’ve been tempted to spray down your kitchen with ethanol
18. You never set caps face-down on a surface, like this:
19. You have an uncanny love for liquid nitrogen...
20. And for dry ice...
21. You jump for joy when you get an already-trained student into your lab...
22. No one understand what you do
23. This makes sense to you
24. And you can even pronounce its name
(3 R ,4 R ,10 E ,12 E ,14 S ,26 R ,26a S )-26-[[2-(diethylamino)-ethyl]sulfonyl]-8,9,14,15,24, 25,26,26a-octahydro-14-hydroxy-3-isopropyl-4,12-dimethyl-3 H -21,18-nitrilo-1 H ,22 H -pyrrolo[2,1- c ][1,8,4,19]-dioxadiazacyclotetracosine-1,7,16,22(4 H ,17 H )-tetrone.