1. Traditionally, men will toss water on a woman of their affection.
Take that, wench! Er, future wife?
And not a single pieprzyć was given.
6. …Or swat them with a switch from a pussy willow tree.
In modern Dyngus Day celebrations, the affection (abuse?) is equal among the sexes.
Honestly, this one is unsettling.
8. The ladies have the chance to retaliate the next day, when its tradition to throw DISHES AND CROCKERY at their male suitors.
No word on whether or not men have taken to this practice in the spirit of equality. Chances are slim (we hope).
9. Polka. So. Much. Polka.
Its a Polish holiday, duh!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii later this month — the first Japanese leader to do so.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏