1. Traditionally, men will toss water on a woman of their affection.
Take that, wench! Er, future wife?
And not a single pieprzyć was given.
6. …Or swat them with a switch from a pussy willow tree.
In modern Dyngus Day celebrations, the affection (abuse?) is equal among the sexes.
Honestly, this one is unsettling.
8. The ladies have the chance to retaliate the next day, when its tradition to throw DISHES AND CROCKERY at their male suitors.
No word on whether or not men have taken to this practice in the spirit of equality. Chances are slim (we hope).
9. Polka. So. Much. Polka.
Its a Polish holiday, duh!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkish's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- A Jimmy John's employee was robbed at gunpoint and video footage shows how chill he was through the whole thing 😂😳