1. Traditionally, men will toss water on a woman of their affection.
Take that, wench! Er, future wife?
And not a single pieprzyć was given.
6. …Or swat them with a switch from a pussy willow tree.
In modern Dyngus Day celebrations, the affection (abuse?) is equal among the sexes.
Honestly, this one is unsettling.
8. The ladies have the chance to retaliate the next day, when its tradition to throw DISHES AND CROCKERY at their male suitors.
No word on whether or not men have taken to this practice in the spirit of equality. Chances are slim (we hope).
9. Polka. So. Much. Polka.
Its a Polish holiday, duh!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.