1. Traditionally, men will toss water on a woman of their affection.
Take that, wench! Er, future wife?
And not a single pieprzyć was given.
6. …Or swat them with a switch from a pussy willow tree.
In modern Dyngus Day celebrations, the affection (abuse?) is equal among the sexes.
Honestly, this one is unsettling.
8. The ladies have the chance to retaliate the next day, when its tradition to throw DISHES AND CROCKERY at their male suitors.
No word on whether or not men have taken to this practice in the spirit of equality. Chances are slim (we hope).
9. Polka. So. Much. Polka.
Its a Polish holiday, duh!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the party's convention amid controversy over leaked emails.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.