4. You beat your friends at a few games. Clearly, you are the Chess Master.
5. Now you’re hooked.
9. Still, you think you’re really, really good.
10. Your unstudied friends don’t stand a chance against you.
13. You play some actual chess players and get completely destroyed.
The horror. All those pawns. They were so young.
15. It helps you realize that there are a lot of people who take this WAY more seriously than you.
16. And they always will.
18. Playing on a rainy afternoon with a friend is still super fun.
19. Sure, kids like this will always be able to whoop you, but it’s cool.
20. ‘Cause chess isn’t just for baby geniuses, it’s for everybody.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- This girl totally trolled Donald Trump's son by getting a photo with him in a "Latina Against Trump" shirt — in Spanish 😬
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.