1. It might look pretty, but can we talk about how volcanoes are big ol’ mountains that are also openings into the fiery crust of the Earth?
A big portal leading into the hellish sub-surface of the Earth. We just accept that that’s a thing?
8. But once it gets going, lava can flow up to 40 miles per hour. Which is damn fast for what’s basically a river of liquid fire.
Part fire, part earth, 100% annihilation. Source.
13. Lava also loves to bring its douchebag buddy volcanic ash to the party, who will be sure to try and fuck things up if magma didn’t get the job done.
Technically certain kinds of volcanic ash are called “tephra,” but let’s be real, that sounds more like a font name than murder-smoke.
- The National Enquirer tabloid is growing by speaking to an audience ignored by mainstream media and backing Trump.
- "Legit adults" pay their own bills, hold steady jobs, and don't live with their parents, according to a new poll provided to BuzzFeed News.
- As the number of terrorist convictions has increased in the UK, so has the concern that other inmates could too be lured into extremism.
- Selena Gomez said the backlash surrounding "13 Reasons Why" "is going to come no matter what" and noted that she's very proud of the series.