1. "Film" is a pretty ironic title for your major, since you never shoot on the stuff.
2. A good director of photography is irreplaceable. Except by a kid with their own steadicam rig.
3. And anyone with a car has a guaranteed spot on your crew.
4. The second most important person on set is the director. The most important person on set is the PA who delivers the coffee and pizza.
5. Some film lingo just never leaves your vocabulary.
6. Flirting with the people running the equipment checkout counter is sometimes the only way to get all the gear you need.
7. Besides just outright bribing them.
8. Bad lighting is reason enough to hate a movie, redecorate your entire apartment, and leave a restaurant mid-meal.
9. Nothing will make your dorm room look like anything besides a dorm room, no matter how inspired your art direction.
10. "Producer" is just a code word for "you will never sleep again."
11. Dolly shots are gorgeous, and impressive, and take like seven hours to get 12 seconds of decent footage.
12. Bad sound is the quickest way to turn your masterpiece into an 8th grade class project.
13. Anyone still hanging this poster in their room is probably terrible.
14. You will try and shoot party scenes that look like this.