1. Use the lid while cooking on the stovetop.
2. Reheat leftovers with the microwave instead of the stove.
3. A little mood lighting goes a long way.
4. Adjust your thermostat when you're away.
5. -18°C is the magic number for your freezer.
6. Clean your dryer's exhaust vent.
7. Wrap your electric hot water tank.
8. Make sure outdoor lights use motions sensors.
9. Use advanced power strips to save electricity.
10. Weatherstrip everything.
11. And, of course, invest in energy-efficient appliances.
Save on Energy can help you create a better, more efficient, and more cost effective home. See how you can save!
And now you can see real-life stories of how people are saving energy here.
All tips taken from Save on Energy.