1. Every family has their own recipe for paella...
2. ...and sangria
3. Other Spanish speakers make fun of "the lisp" whenever you speak.
4. Your favorite soccer team is neither Real Madrid nor Barcelona, but it's a lot easier to just say they are.
5. You've said this more than once: "No, not that kind of tortilla"
6. Remember when we used to be the worst at sports? Now we get to gloat.
7. You've been forced to wear a traditional/regional costume at least once.
8. Your relatives congratulate you on your "Saint's Day."
9. People can't seem to grasp that you're Spanish because you "don't look it."
10. Sometimes the food you eat grosses your friends out.
11. You've got a huge family, though you probably don't know all of them.
12. Usually, you spend some portion of the summer or holiday break in Spain because most of your relatives still live there. Everyone will tell you how lucky you are to go.
13. Though when you do go to Spain, people your age think you're immediately cool for being American/British/foreign.
14. You know that real churros are covered in sugar and are best served with hot chocolate.
15. You've had all your friends ask you for help on their Spanish homework. And even some mooches sitting next to you in class.
16. In your family, gossip travels at the speed of light. Maybe faster.
17. Through the good and the bad, you're glad that you and your family come from as awesome a country as Spain.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!