1. David Carol is a photographer whose quick-witted, shoot-from-the-hip style has become extremely recognizable within the photography community.
“Who Cares,” New York City, 2015
3. He recently published his seventh book of photography, No Plan B, a retrospective of his humorous yet surreal personal work from the 90s until now.
“Telefon,” Cappadocia, Turkey, 1995
“Gorilla,” Long Island, 2015
“Max’s Hands,” Maine, 2012
7. He captures striking, relatable moments, like feeling isolated even when you’re surrounded by millions of people.
“Subway Girl,” New York City, 2013
“Boat” Mystic, Connecticut, 2001
10. The images included in this book feature photos from the Arctic Ocean to post-Soviet Russia, from the Mojave Desert to the streets of Istanbul.
“Joe With Fish,” Baffin Island, Canada, 1997
12. Carol has been photographing for himself and his clients for over 35 years.
“Topless Dancers,” Florida, 2002
“Horse and Fence,” Mojave Desert, California, 2002
“The Woods,” Connecticut, 2014
16. His work is part of permanent collections in more than 50 museums and libraries worldwide.
“Turnaround,” Long Island, 2012
18. No Plan B is available for sale online at Peanut Press.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏