We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
In the wise words of vocal kween Demi Lovato, what's wrong with being confident? Absolutely nothing. But some days, we're not feeling 100%...and that's ok. Here are some things we BuzzFeeders do or own that lift us up, and we hope they might do the same for you!
1. Michelle KILLED it at her first 10K even though she hated running just three months prior — proving that anyone can push their body towards new achievements and ~do the damn thing~.
3. Erin pulls out a supportive pair of Spanx made for expecting mamas on days she wants to feel more like her ~old self~, even though she loves being pregnant and all the celebration-worthy body changes that come with it!
4. Sara ~traded~ in her Trader Joe's face wash for Drunk Elephant's Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser, which has made her skin feel so much clearer, more hydrated, and more balanced — luxurious ~and~ effective really is the best combo!
5. Essence rocks a colorful head wrap to make her Afro puff (and overall vibe) look ~extra~ regal for a very literal ~boost~.
6. Gyan gave her favorite Chelsea boots some much-needed TLC at the cobbler's shop, so she can happily strut around in them without feeling self-conscious about all the ~love~ they've endured over the years.
7. Patrice knows that confidence can be found in the tiniest of forms, like keychains that proclaim ✨Black Girl Magic✨ loud and proud — and when they're attached to something you use multiple times a day, it's a constant reminder that you're a beautiful, swaggy, and resilient force to be reckoned, even when you're not expecting it!
8. Sarah signs up for classes to 1) check things off her bucket list 2) feel *less* anxious and *more* confident and badass in a particular area 3) learn a totally new skill 4) look and feel like a boss lady who can do anything she puts her mind towards!
I keep myself out of the anxiety zone by taking classes to fulfill my bucket list! Most of my list has to do with self-improvement, meaning learning new things — not just, "I jumped out of a plane! Check." Years ago, before it became a fad sold as an exercise class (btw, it totally is), I wanted to learn pole dancing. It wasn't popular, so the nearest studio was over an hour away. I was also a little hesitant because the girls in the photos and videos on the website looked pretty intimidating. But I really wanted to do it, and I mean...it's a class, right? You're supposed to be terrible when you first try it! So I signed up, and just by putting my credit card info down, I was like, "I'm gonna do this and look good and feel great!"
And I did it. And I looked good. And I felt amazing. Since then, I've found the best way to start something new is to just accept being a beginner, find a good teacher, and show up (which is a small victory in itself)! Also since then, I've learned to ride a motorcycle, get on stage and perform with a bunch of improvisers, and, ok, land a parachute solo. —Sarah MacMillan, Freelance Copy Editor
Check out a crazy plethora of online classes at Udemy!