Amazon has a list of products called “Movers and Shakers,” which is pretty much just fancy talk for things that are currently ~trending~.
Here are some of the coolest and most useful things found on the list this week:
1. A biographical picture book that teaches kiddos (or anyone, really) about fighting for equality and that "disagreeing does not make you disagreeable."
2. A crock-pot that's just the right size for one or two people.
3. A sweet question-a-day journal for you and bae to fill out and connect over over the span of three years (#commitment).
Promising review: "Two words: worth it. I got this book to commemorate me and my boyfriend's three-year anniversary; it seemed only right to purchase a three-year couple journal. The book design is simply sweet — it's supposed to resemble the old school initials in the tree, i.e. Jessie loves Jon. I dig it. And thus far, the questions are good; they've spawned some interesting conversations, which I think is the point — connection with your mate. The only downfall is you only get three lines to answer everything, which on some days is more than enough, but on others, not nearly." —Tally
4. A curved body pillow that's a total lifesaver for people with bad backs or hips, mothers-to-be, and pups (if only because they just like to snuggle).
5. Stretchy fleece-lined leggings that'll result in the total abandonment of all of your pants.
6. A vintage-inspired boatneck dress that comes in 46 (!!!) colors and designs and is perfect for any dress-up occasion you can think of.
Promising review: "I usually wear a size 4 in a dress, but after reading the reviews, I decided to go with a medium to make sure it wasn't too tight on top (I'm a 34B). It fit me perfectly. I wore this to a friend's wedding, and I can't remember the last time I received so many compliments! The black tutu slip underneath gave it just enough flair. Now my only problem is finding another place to wear this again!" —Gela
Price: $12.99+ / Sizes: XS-4X Plus
7. A whopping 180-pack of gel pens that come in way too many glittery, metallic, and regular colors to choose from (so you'll just *have to* switch every 15 seconds).
Promising review: "So far these pens color beautifully. The gel flows so smoothly and the colors are so vibrant. A few of the pens did not work at first, but I just scribbled on a blank paper for a few seconds, and then they wrote just fine. I love the glitter ones so much and they sparkle long after the gel dries. These are great and come at a very affordable price for those of us who can't afford much more." —Amazon Customer
8. A silicone makeup sponge that's supposed to absorb way less product than a traditional foam blender.
9. A wireless earpiece that has great battery life, sound quality, and comes with a nifty magnetic USB charger.
Promising review: "Really great product! I was hesitant because of the low price, but it works really well. It connects quickly and easily, and people on the phone can hear me really well. It fits so perfectly in my ear that I don't even worry about it falling out. Super tiny and cute, and the magnetic charger is really neat. Plus the customer service is great! I had a problem with mine, and they fixed it immediately." —Ashley
10. A Captain America waffle maker that'll make your breakfast taste like freedom.
Promising review: "My boyfriend and I make waffles from it very often and they always turn out amazing! We have never had a burnt waffle or any issues with sticking — even when we forget to spray the waffle iron. My one issue is filling it with batter — we haven't been able to perfect the amount of batter to pour in and where to pour it. Otherwise, it makes fluffy and well-cooked waffles! It's so simple to use and a great moderately-priced gift for any Captain America or Marvel fan!" —Floral Footprint
11. A 12-pack of Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso that's way cheaper than getting your daily in-store fix.
12. An empowering memoir penned by actress and singer Keke Palmer that's sure to get you fired up about pursuing your dreams.
13. Charming globe string lights for an instant ~mood~ change.
14. A dermatologist-recommended ointment that helps heal dry, cracked skin on every inch of your body.
15. A sturdy steel comb that will prevent your furry friend's hair from matting and knotting.
Promising review: "Love this comb. I kept hearing about Chris Christensen brushes and combs and I was just about to break down and spend the money to buy a comb for my babies when I found this one. It goes through my Yorkies' hair so smoothly and makes their hair look great. I can't imagine the other brand being any better. So glad I found this before forking out three times the price on one just like it." —Mel
16. A super compact, hand-operated espresso maker for a better-than-Starbucks caffeine fix anytime, anywhere.
Promising review: "I bought this for my husband and he is a coffee junkie, so he knows good stuff right away. The espresso he made me was rich, full-bodied, and had a generous layer of the softest foam on top. It is easy to use and take wherever you like. It takes some effort to squeeze the drink out of it and more than one session if you're THAT into coffee. There's also a cleanup and little details, but everything is built to last. I will probably buy more as gifts for my friends." —ermolko
17. A ~mighty~ tumbler that simply won't be knocked down, regardless of extreme clumsiness or instances of fury.
18. Quirky, foldable "cootie catcher" cards that'll set your kids' valentines apart from the mountains of candy.
Promising review: "We wanted something different from the rest of the class for this year's Valentines, so these fit the bill! Cute, and well made — heavyweight paper, nice colors and printing, and just a fun little game! My daughter was proud to give these to her friends and teacher. Kids were playing with them more than anything else they received." —MonroeMomma
19. An at-home hair treatment that helps mitigate all the chemical damage you subject your strands to and helps them look fresh in between salon appointments.
Promising review: "Olaplex is a lifesaver for my hair. In the last four months I've had my hair bleached from almost black-boxed hair dye to a blonde bayalage. Needless to say, that caused a pretty decent amount of damage in my hair. I have used the Olaplex system twice and it has done wonders for my hair — it looks so much healthier and shinier now, and it feels stronger too. The No. 3 is perfect for upkeep. Highly recommend for fellow bleach blondes." —Nikki Maher
20. The Acer Chromebook 14, a high-performing and soundly-built computer that's a much better bang for your buck.
The reviews used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.
If you want to see what else is trending on Amazon right now, click here!
Check out last week’s post here.