18 Easy Ways To Feel A Little Better
Just some things to help you feel a little less like Eeyore and a little more like Tigger.
1. Watch Susan Cain's empowering TED Talk regarding the ~quiet revolution~ and the power of introverts.
2. Carve out a little time to jot down positive thoughts in a journal that celebrates you and your awesomeness.
5. Make a "done" instead of "to-do" list so you can be proud of what you've already accomplished rather than agonizing over the stuff that's still ahead.
9. Pull out a handy desktop punching bag so you can release some pent-up anger without actually injuring anyone.
10. Unload your negative thoughts on these inventive thought bubbles and watch them literally dissolve into nothing.
11. Need a quicker fix? Type your worries into The Thoughts Room and watch them fall off in real-time and completely vanish once you press enter.
12. Compliment a stranger, acquaintance, or even a close friend, depending on your level of comfort.
13. Treat yourself to a pamper day, whether it's a quick manicure, 60-minute facial, or an all-day spa affair.
14. Rather than scrolling through social media or an endless stream of news headlines, subscribe to an easily digestible, inspiring, and uplifting newsletter.
16. Jazz up your morning cup of coffee with a cheesy stencil, because a little self-affirmation never hurt anyone, ok??
17. Pack a healthy lunch for yourself that'll keep you energized through the afternoon work slump.
18. Volunteer at an animal shelter and share some love and time with a bundle of cute critters.
Everyone experiences anxiety differently, but whether you deal with a full-blown anxiety disorder or are just feeling really overwhelmed right now, I hope the above tips/products might make life feel at least a little more manageable.
And if your anxiety is getting in the way of your life, don't think you have to manage it on your own. Find out more about treatment options here.